Our nature trail is ideal for nature lovers, families and school children. Why not take a walk on the wild side and learn all about the beautiful and historic natural environment of the Ashdown Forest?
On route there are interpretation boards featuring fascinating facts about the natural world, making the trail both fun and an educational experience.
The trail starts outside the administration building and covers approximately 2km. We estimate it will take between 1 – 2 hours to complete at a leisurely pace.
Pick up a nature trail map from the Visitor Centre, or download it by clicking the image below
Please follow these simple guidelines to ensure your visit is a pleasant and safe experience:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and should be supervised, especially near the pond
- This site contains natural flora, fauna and wildlife common to the area; including potentially hazardous creatures such as adders
- The ground level is uneven in places, so please tread carefully
- There are no surfaced paths, so unfortunately the trail is not suitable for those in wheelchairs (the rest of the site is completely accessible)
- Parts of the trail get very muddy after rainfall, so it is advisable to wear walking boots or wellingtons
- Please protect plants and animals and take your litter home
- No smoking, barbeques or fires allowed on the trail